Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year Eve and A Day with Orphans!

I have received no updates yet from my sister to share with all of you, but I thought I would share with you what the ABRO missions team are planning to do today.

According to the brief trip itinerary, the ABRO team are planning to go to the Mstislavl orphanage where Valentina, Elaine’s host, works to deliver Christmas cards and candy boxes. The children of the orphanage supposedly has great plans for them, including visiting the orphanage and doing some activities with the kids who won’t go anywhere for their vacation, a cookout (with barbecue), “banya” (if they wish), and visiting deaf families or families having deaf kids (again, if they wish).

I believe that at this time I write this, the team is at a New Year’s Eve party right now…

I did some looking online for pictures of Mogilev on the New Year Eve so all of you can get an idea of what it is like to celebrate it in Belarus. I found all of those pictures online, and I have no idea of what those places are because they are identified using Russian language! They do look pretty important to me… maybe something related to the regional government?

Enjoy the pictures, and Happy New Year!

MogilevBuilding

TreeMogilev

NYE1

NYEParty

Somewhere in Mogliev

No comments: